News Ticker

Books & Study Material recommended for SBI PO Prelims 2017 Exam

Overview:  State bank of India (SBI) is the largest banking and financial services company in India by revenue, assets and market capitalization with its headquarters in Mumbai. Every year SBI recruits for the post of Probationary Officers in high scale. Preparation is very important to clear the exam and referring best book matters a lot in clearing your exam.books-for-sbi-po
Best Books and study material play a vital in the preparation of any exam. There are thousands of Books floating around for preparation of Probationary Officer Exam conducted by SBI through Common Written Exam (CWE). So, choose the best one available in the market.

SBI PO 2017 Exam Pattern:  SBI has made done some major changes in SBI PO Exam pattern and SBI PO syllabus 2017. The exam pattern of SBI PO consists of three phases –

Phase-I –> Preliminary Examination

Phase-II –> Main Examination

Phase-III –> Group Discussion & Interview

Preliminary Examination:  Preliminary Examination consists of Objective Tests for 100 marks will be conducted on-line. This test would be of 1 hour duration consisting of 3 Sections as follows:

• English Language
  • Quantitative Aptitude
  • Reasoning Ability

Here is the selection of best books for each of the above sections in  SBI PO PRELIMS EXAM 2017:

<< English Language >>

Name of the Book Author Publisher Link (To buy the book)
Objective English for Competitive Examinations Hari Mohan Prasad, Uma Rani Sinha Tata McGraw – Hill Education (2009) click here
Objective General English 22nd Edition R. S. Aggarwal, Vikas Aggarwal S. Chand Publisher (2011) click here
Objective English 4 Edition Edgar Thorpe Pearson (2011) click here

<< Quantitative Aptitude >>

Name of the Book Author Publisher Link (To buy the book)
Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations 17th Edition R. S. Aggarwal S. Chand Publishing (2012) click here
Magical Book On Quicker Maths 3 Edition M Tyra BSC Publishing (2013) click here
Quantitative Aptitude Test N. K. Singh Upkar Prakashan (2008) Click here

<< Reasoning Ability >>

Name of the Book Author Publisher Link (To buy the book)
A Modern Approach To Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning Revised Edition R. S. Aggarwal Publisher: S.Chand Publishing (2012) click here
A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal 1st Edition BS Sijwali, Indu Sijwal Arihant Publications (2011) click here
The Hand on Guide to Analytical Reasoning and Logical Reasoning Peeyush Bhardwaj Arihant (2012) click here

<< Single Book for each subject >>

Name of the Subject Link to download
Reasoning Section CLICK HERE
Quantitative Aptitude CLICK HERE
English Language CLICK HERE
Practice Set Book CLICK HERE

If you have any doubts related to SBI PO Exam, your doubts will be cleared by our experts or fellow SBI aspirants in the discussion forum. CLICK HERE to write your queries in the discussion forum.

All the best Guys. .!!

52 Comments on Books & Study Material recommended for SBI PO Prelims 2017 Exam

1. Naresh Upadhyay // April 10, 2014 at 10:35 am // Reply

2) Data Analysis and Interpretation

3) General English

4) General Awareness, Marketing and Computers

i want some solved quation paper too, please help me to provide book name so that i can prepare myself to exam….

Thanks for your time & help
    Naresh.

2. thanks for your information please upload previous papers and complete syllabus when sbi clerks released job alert

3. sir please upload sbi po previous papers job alert

4. Thanks. Very helpful post for SBI PO preparations..

5. plz lemme knw a single best book whic covers al d sections under a single book

6. please suggest sbi bsnk po sets paper

7. On which date the exam are held. They have said in month of june…

8. Sir, I want to buy book of SBI PO practise papers.
    Which book should I buy ?

Target SBI Bank PO – 15 Practice Sets Workbook with Sync-able CD 2nd Edition [Disha]
    or
    SBI PO Examination 20 Practice Sets [Arihant Pub]

9. PRATIM CHAKRABORTTY // April 20, 2014 at 3:50 am // Reply

Please inform Me, how can I download SSC-JE (Electrical) previous year Question Papers! If possible, then please inform me @ (0)9911332916………….. ITS VERY MUCH NECESSARY TO ME………..

10. GARIMA SRIVASTAVA // April 22, 2014 at 8:11 am // Reply

Hello….
    First i wanna know that will i crack SBI PO by myself?
    How i prepare n set my mind to qualify SBI PO with in one month.

11. hi,
    This is the first time i am preparing for this exam. Can anyone help me where i can get the complete set of study materials which help me to crack my exam.

12. Umesh yadav // April 24, 2014 at 7:44 am // Reply

Please arrange previous question paper

13. bupinder singh // April 24, 2014 at 8:01 am // Reply

dear sir i a preparing for sbi po . Kindly mail me study material and old question paper

14. Sachin Dnyaneshwar Mahabudhe // April 26, 2014 at 3:21 am // Reply

Dear sir, I am preparing for sbi po so please guide me to crack this exam and single books to refer

15. This is the first time I did apply for po in SBI bank.where I can prepare for po exam to SBI bank.so plz suggest me a book which covers all syllabus of SBI po. Plz help me to provide book name so that I can prepare myself to exam.thanks& regards Megha Singh 7827819660 plj help me

16. Priya Rahatwal // April 30, 2014 at 7:23 am // Reply

2) Data Analysis and Interpretation
    3) General English
    4) General Awareness, Marketing and Computers
    A waiting for your reply!!

17. ARUN KUMAR // May 1, 2014 at 1:29 pm // Reply

Hi sir this is Arun am preparing for the first time for this exam may I know the which book is perfect for preparation covering of all topics pls help me 9948101505

18. Prajakta Parab // May 2, 2014 at 12:16 pm // Reply

Dear Sir,
    Is there any book that would cover all 4 objective paper instade of buying 4 different book for each subject
    Objective Paper –

1) Reasoning (Verbal and Non-Verbal)

2) Data Analysis and Interpretation

3) General English

4) General Awareness, Marketing and Computers

19. Prajakta Parab // May 2, 2014 at 12:20 pm // Reply

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Dear Sir,
    Objective Paper –

1) Reasoning (Verbal and Non-Verbal)

2) Data Analysis and Interpretation

3) General English

4) General Awareness, Marketing and Computers

you can reach me on 9967620388 / 9967448738

20. shruti sharma // May 5, 2014 at 8:14 pm // Reply

Dear Sir,
    Objective Paper –

1) Reasoning (Verbal and Non-Verbal)

2) Data Analysis and Interpretation

3) General English

4) General Awareness, Marketing and Computers

21. Please tell me the name of the book which covers whole syllabus for sbi bank PO posts. It should contain not only the test papers but some study material also. Please reply fast.
    Thanks for your help and time……….
    Sonal

22. Please tell me the name of the book which covers whole syllabus for SBI PO exam . and it should contain not only the test papers but some study material also . and is their any one book to refer which cover all 4 objective
    1.Reasoning (verbal and non verbal)
    2.data analysis and interpretation
    3.General English
    4.General Awareness, Marketing and computer
    Please reply fast

23. I am new to bank studies just want to know correct way of studing n books to refer mainly on data interpretation and general aware ness I need to work very hard . I am already 29 yrs old.need support and help

24. descriptive k liye best book kaun rahega??

25. neha kedia // May 19, 2014 at 3:56 pm // Reply

sir I have heard of the book called ‘how to crack SBI po exam’ by arihant. this book contains all the subjects+ descriptive material. is it a good book?

26. Hi sir my self akshay and I applied for PO SBI exams.But i dont know how to prepare for the exams and this is my first time that i applied for the exams.so please suggest me a book which covers everything like 1) Reasoning (Verbal and Non-Verbal)
    2) Data Analysis and Interpretation
    3) General English
    4) General Awareness, Marketing and Computers
    A waiting for your reply!!

27. Abdur Raqeeb // June 2, 2014 at 4:49 pm // Reply

can u tell only 1 book that contain all above section plzzzzz

28. Abdur Raqeeb // June 2, 2014 at 4:50 pm // Reply

can u tell only 1 book that contain all above section plzzzzz help i dont know much about that

29. Plz give suggestions about preparation for group discussion and interview …. books if required …..

30. hi,

31. hi,
    This is the first time i am preparing for this exam. Can anyone help me where i can get the complete set of study materials which help me to crack my exam reply me fast friends.

32. can u suggest me sum site for online test

33. SRINJOY GUHA // August 28, 2014 at 10:28 am // Reply

I have cleared the phase 1 of SBI PO 2014 exam and Now I need to prepare for the GD and interview round. For this I need some good books. Please suggest me such book which will provide me the best GD guidance and interview training. Please let me know to my e-mail [email protected]

34. i will apply for PO in SBI Associate BANK, i need some good books where i can prepare for PO exam . Is there any one book which covers all the topics .
    Please suggest me.

35. suggest me good books to crack easily Sbi Po exam

36. Sir suggest me books for prepare bank po exem for for self study base
    Thank

37. sir please suggest me books for preparation of bank po for self study……. please sir

38. PRIYA PRIYANKA // April 6, 2015 at 10:46 am // Reply

thanks for your information please upload previous papers and complete syllabus

39. tabetha veigas // April 12, 2015 at 5:22 am // Reply

Thanks for your help and time……….

40. Pujarini Das // April 20, 2015 at 10:58 am // Reply

Sir, pls suggest me for preparation of SBI po exam.

41. Madhav Patil // April 26, 2015 at 6:18 am // Reply

Respected sir/Madam,

Please stop your business tendencies of Books selling & suggest us only one Book where we can get all syllabus for bank PO exam.

42. Iken Lollen // April 28, 2015 at 1:23 pm // Reply

Hi sir my self Iken and I applied for PO SBI exams.But i dont know how to prepare for the exams and this is my first time that i applied for the exams.so please suggest me a book which covers everything like 1) Reasoning (Verbal and Non-Verbal)
    2) Data Analysis and Interpretation
    3) General English
    4) General Awareness, Marketing and Computers
    A waiting your response.

43. i did apply for PO in SBI BANK, i need some good books where i can prepare for PO exam to SBI BANK and i never applied this exam before have no idea for it, so please suggest me a book which covers everything like 1) Reasoning (Verbal and Non-Verbal)
    2) Data Analysis and Interpretation
    3) General English
    4) General Awareness, Marketing and Computers

44. vijay singh // May 7, 2015 at 1:13 am // Reply

Hi sir my self vijay and I applied for PO SBI exams.But i dont know how to prepare for the exams and this is my first time that i applied for the exams.so please suggest me a book which covers everything like 1) Reasoning (Verbal and Non-Verbal)
    2) Data Analysis and Interpretation
    3) General English
    4) General Awareness, Marketing and Computers
    A waiting your response.

45. maheshwari // May 15, 2015 at 5:15 am // Reply

Hi sir,

This is maheshwari and i applied for sbi po exam. but i dont know how to prepare exam and this is first time that i applied for the exam, so please suggest me a book which covers everything in that like
    1.Reasoning (Verbal and non verbal)
    2.Data Analysis and Interpretation
    3.General English
    4.General Awareness,Marketing and computers

awaiting for your reply.

46. Hi sir my name is chetan tandel i applied for sbi po exam.but i do not konw to clear exam. becouse this is my first time applied for the exam. please suggest me a book which help me to clear exam

47. Ravi singh // May 30, 2015 at 12:58 pm // Reply

sir plz tell me English grammar books for sbi po

48. i have only 1 year scop to give po exam please guide me best book to prepare for po exam with solutions given of each in book

49. I did apply for PO in SBI BANK, i need some good books where i can prepare for PO exam to SBI BANK and i never applied this exam before have no idea for it, so please suggest me a book which covers everything like 1) Reasoning (Verbal and Non-Verbal)

2) Data Analysis and Interpretation

3) General English

4) General Awareness, Marketing and Computers

Thanks for your time & help
    Prerna

50. Nice Post, the books you recommended are excellent, I have used R S Aggarwal books, his books are very clear and discuss point to point. Is there any Good sample paper materials you have for bank PO and Clerk?

1 2