LAST MINUTE PREPARATION TIPS FOR SBI PO PRELIMS 2017
The SBI PO Exam is conducted once in a year and it is considered a tough nut to crack and has the huge competition because of SBI brand value and very few numbers of vacancies as compared to the number of candidates will appear in this Exam. Keeping in mind the tough competition, candidates should ensure that they go to the exam hall with full preparation and should avoid the mistakes in the exam.
Below are some important last minute tips for SBI PO Prelims 2017 Exam –>
- Go through the SBI PO Prelims 2017 Exam Pattern and allocate time to each section –> All the candidates do remember to make an eye on time because mostly what happen as the question paper level is easy so we try to attempt more questions but forget about the timing issues. You should have assessed which are your strong and weak topics and sections. Ensure that you allocate the required amount of time to each section so that you clear the sectional cut-offs. So, don’t waste your more time in any single section. First try to make yourself secure in each section than work on scoring more.
- Go with plan which strictly suits you as per your preparation –> Make your own plan. Don’t follow someone else plan as you have different strengthens and weakness. Start with your strong section – Suppose, you are more comfortable in a particular section, attempt it first. It will give you the confidence and set the pace for the exam. Attempt most difficult part in the end.
- Be careful about negative marking –> As we all know that SBI PO Prelims 2017 Exam will be easy as compare to Mains but it can be tricky also. So first read the questions carefully than work on the answer, as sometime we skip the rules of questions like – in questions examiner is asking for not follow but we go with follows option as we have done practice with follow option. It would be a big problem for you as there will be negative marks for wrong answers. The SBI PO Prelims 2016 Examination deducts 1/4thof the total marks allocated to each question if you answer it incorrectly.
- Do not get stuck on a single question –> Do not waste time if you are not able to solve a question within 1-2 minutes. Normally, we have seen that many candidates get stuck with questions like seating arrangement/puzzles in Reasoning part and waste precious time on these. Never do that. If you feel that you might get stuck, leave it for second round.
- Solve a few Mock Test papers and analyse your mistakes and weaknesses –> It is important to get into the test rhythm. Since the PO Prelims Exam is only an hour long in duration, you can easily solve a few mock test papers before the actual exam. But it is not enough to simply solve papers. An equally vital part is analysing your mistakes. Find the weaknesses that you can easily rectify. Also find the silly mistakes you make and figure out how you made them so you don’t do it again.
Section Wise Preparation tips for SBI PO Prelims 2017 Exam –>
- Reasoning Aptitude – Reasoning questions asked in the SBI PO Prelims Exam are completely logic based. Below are the topics which are of high weight-age in this section:
Seating Arrangement (Line, Square, Circle)
Puzzles (Floor Based)
Direction sense test
- Quantitative Aptitude – This section is designed to test the numerical ability of a candidate. Attempt those questions first in this section which are relatively easy and involve lesser calculations. Below are the topics which are of high weight-age in this section:
Number Series (Missing or Wrong number)
Arithmetic (Profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest, Ratio & Proportion, Average, Time & Work, Time, Speed & Distance, Percentages)
- English Language – Spend some time daily to read an article, newspaper, novels, etc. This will help you to improve your vocabulary and helps you to avoid grammatical mistakes. Below are the topics which are of high weight-age in this section:
Fill in the blanks
Below table shows the single book recommended for each section as well the combined book for SBI PO Prelims 2017 Preparation –>
|Name of the Subject||Link to download|
|Reasoning Section||CLICK HERE|
|Quantitative Aptitude||CLICK HERE|
|English Language||CLICK HERE|
|Practice Set Book||CLICK HERE|
So finally, don’t forget to take your call letter with you along with your recent passport size photograph and Photo identity proof (One original and one photocopy) with exact name.
Wish you all the very best from the Engistan Team. Do well & achieve your target.