News Ticker

SBI PO 2017 Prelims Preparation Plan

Overview: State bank of India (SBI) is a multinational banking organisation that provides 1428747500.01f6b8e7a6bc4675b83489ae8640c4c4investment banking, insurance, savings and many other services to the customers. More than 2.3 lakhs employees have been working in this organisation. They are well known for their services and to provide such services they keep on recruiting candidates who are skilled and capable of working in any environment.

SBI PO 2017 Exam Pattern:

SBI has made done some major changes in SBI PO Exam pattern and SBI PO syllabus 2017. The Exam Pattern of SBI PO consists of three phases –

Phase-I –> Preliminary Examination

Phase-II –> Main Examination

Phase-III –> Group Discussion & Interview

To know about SBI PO 2017 Exam Pattern: CLICK HERE

Preparation Plan for SBI PO 2017 Preliminary Examination: SBI PO Preliminary Preparation plan is quite detailed, elaborate and descriptive and it has in total of three subjects which as follows:

• English Language
  • Quantitative Aptitude
  • Reasoning Ability

Tips for cracking each section are:

<—Reasoning Ability preparation plan for SBI 2017 PO Prelims Exam–>

Reasoning is a test of observing our mental and problem solving ability. Reasoning is not like numerical skill where you learn some formula and solve question by applying that formula. Understand the question before solving it. Don’t take much time for single question. You have to be very careful while answering these questions. Practice similar questions from previous model papers or previous year’s exam papers are the key to do well in this section. The most important questions from this section are on the topics such as

• Seating Arrangements
  • Syllogism
  • Coding-Decoding
  • Directions
  • Blood Relations
  • Analogy
  • Classification
  • Series problems
  • Ranking
  • Data sufficiency

Which questions you have to attempt first –

It’s better to attempt first those questions on which you are very confident and you can attempt in a lesser time. Please do not start with Seating Arrangement/Puzzle type’s questions because once you stuck in these questions, you will lose your valuable time.

<–Quantitative Aptitude preparation for SBI 2017 PO Prelims Exam –>

This section contains the basic mathematical questions. Before exercising such questions, it is better to go through the basic mathematical formulae and learn some short cuts to solve the questions in lesser time. In this section, the questions act as Calculation Instruments. This section is extremely scoring and the right understanding of the problem can help the aspirants to sail through this section. The most important questions from this section are on the topics such as

• Number Systems
  • Fractions
  • Ratio and Proportion
  • Time & Work
  • Percentage
  • Profit & Loss
  • Simple Interest & Compound Interest
  • Average
  • Time & Distance
  • Mensuration
  • Partnership
  • Bar graph, Pie-chart and Probability

Data Analysis and Interpretation contains Pie charts, Bar Diagrams and graphs. It is one of the time consuming concept. So it’s better to do at least five questions of this type a day to speed up your calculations.

Don’t try guesses in this section, Speed up your calculation and Learn Square up to 30 and multiplication tables up to 20 are some key points to score well in this section.

<–English Language preparation for SBI PO 2017 Prelims Exam–>

SBI PO English Exam is tough when you compare with other competitive exams and this is the section where many aspirants are not able to score minimum cut off marks. As you all read English books, chat with your friends in English and of course watch English movies. But you cannot get score good marks in English section. Most of the students face difficulty in this section. This is a test principally to determine candidate’s ability to remember main ideas and significant details. The most important questions from this section are on the topics such as

• Grammar
  • Comprehension
  • Error Correction
  • Vocabulary
  • Cloze Test and Fill in the blanks
  • Para jumbles
  • Synonyms & Antonyms.

Apart from this study material, few tips from Engistan’s side:

• Read English newspapers daily.
  • Improve your vocabulary by knowing 10 new words everyday along with its Synonyms and Antonyms.
  • Watch good English news channels.
  • Can refer the book ‘Wren n Martin’.

If you have any doubts related to SBI PO 2017 Exam, your doubts will be cleared by our experts or fellow SBI aspirants in the discussion forum.

All the best Guys. .!!

53 Comments on Preparation Plan for SBI PO Prelims 2017 Exam – Tips/Tricks/Guidance for All Sections

1. Deepak kumar sinha // April 16, 2014 at 7:26 am // Reply

Sir,

English paper is very week how can i get minimum securing marks in the said exam.

Thanking you,

2. Thanks engistan for these valuable guidance…

3. Excellent tips .thank you very much sir

4. Really great thanks for releasing the posts and more over launching the New ATM’s for SBI users.

Keep up the new work always..

5. Hello Sir,
    Thank u so much for the valuable guida ce.
    please provide some impodtant documets or study material for po.
    please sir on my mail id
    thank u.
    Regards,
    Radhika

6. Thanks Sir,
    Excellent Tips………..

7. Thanks Sir,
    Excellent Tips
    please provide some important documents or study material for po.
    My [email protected]

8. Thanks engistan.actually I have no ides how to prepare but I would like to thank u for proper guidance

9. sir please tell english kaise kre…??

10. Thank sir,
    These tips are very useful.

11. pls tell me what i have to enter in the column of SBI Po online appn… “please mention the number of occassions on which you have appeared for the examination….”

12. Sir, please suggest something regarding disciptive part too.

13. thanks for your suggestions.please provide practice papers with solutions.

14. My first question is which books i can refer for quicker maths as iam a bit weak and slow in in mathemathics.Second question is how can i prepare for descriptive test.Please explain.

15. kokane sachin // April 21, 2014 at 8:22 pm // Reply

thanks…..

16. Thanks sir for this guidance and its my humble request from you that sir please send some general awareness on my e-mail id reguarding sbi po.

once again sir thanks for this guidance from deapth of my heart.

17. please provide some impodtant documets or study material for po.
    please sir on my mail id
    thank u.
    Regards,
    Rohit

18. Thank u so very much for the post. .
    Plz sir,i request u to send some study material to my email id regarding sbi po. . Plz sir!
    With regards
    Priyanka

19. Thank you for important tips
    Plz sir i request to you that plz provide me important notes n material for exam n for english also on my mail id
    [email protected]
    Thnk you very much for ur help

20. Thank you for important tips
    my mail id
    [email protected]

21. PRADEEP KUMAR // April 29, 2014 at 10:04 am // Reply

Hi Sir,

Please suggest which section attempt first than second second or so on the get good marks.

Regards,
    Pradeep

22. Hi sir,

This is nagaraja i have one dout from long back, In sbi po exam there are minimum passing marks that is 35% means out of 50 we need to score 18, When i saw cut off marks 10, 8,9,12, what is this i am not getting

23. Pooja bhardwaj // May 1, 2014 at 6:24 am // Reply

Hii sir……..
    Plz give some tips for prepare descriptive test. ….

24. deepika birla // May 1, 2014 at 1:26 pm // Reply

this valuable gudness by you, thanku sir

25. Sir please suggest some material for general awareness. Banking awareness nd marketing

26. vipan kumar // May 4, 2014 at 9:55 am // Reply

Dear Sir or Mam,

How much mark secured in written exam for selection?

Regards
    Vipan Kumar

27. niranjan // May 4, 2014 at 1:22 pm // Reply

Sir,
    Thanks your tips are very useful.
    Sir could you please send me the some previous year question papers.

28. komal mishra // May 4, 2014 at 6:26 pm // Reply

sir my english sec is very weak how can i secred passing marks

29. Thanks Sir,
    Excellent Tips and site. I am happy about your supporting nature.
    please provide some important documents or study material for po.
    My [email protected]

30. Hello, Please provide me study material for SBI PO.
    My email address is [email protected]

31. Hello Sir,

Thanking You for best tips to achieve SBI PO.
    Sir Please give me some information about how to write the descriptive part and give me materials about the descriptive parts in my email id [email protected]

Thanking you

32. Thanks for the great information

very helpful 🙂

33. sir
    can u please provide some more tips to manage time….and from which paper should start the exam

34. sir
    can u plz provide more tips how to manage time..and from which paper we should attemp first

35. Thank you. Sir do I need to get acquainted with idioms and phrases as well , or is it redundant?

36. Sir,

I wanted to know whether we will have both quantitative aptitude problems and problems on graphs and tables under Data Analysis and Interpretation or only problems on graphs and tables.

Thanks,
    Girija

37. Raunaque jahan // July 5, 2014 at 6:52 am // Reply

Sir maind avi graduation final ka exam diya h pr confushed hun ki banking ka preparation kahan se krun please help me sir

38. sir i had apply sbipo exam last time but i cant appeared fr tht exam .so i want to knw tht how many chances i have remain to appear for it again.m frm open category…….thnk u

39. Rashmi Rekha Rai // November 23, 2014 at 12:57 pm // Reply

sir,
    i want to know that out of 50 how much is passing mark.
    because in 2hours 15mint it is impossible to solve 200 questions.
    so please help me sir.
    and sir plz msg me on my number 09613983916

40. sir,give me information about descriptive test that what is the topics are most important to write an eassay. tell me important topics is to be asked in group discussion and interview.

41. my all dought is clear so very helpful syllabus

42. Thank u so much but now it has changed so please tell us necessary tips and if possible send important materials for English and general awareness or which magzine is better.

43. pujarini sethi // April 13, 2015 at 5:14 am // Reply

sir,
    my english knowledge is very poor .so how
    can i improve my english knowledge so that
    i will crack sbi po exam.

• Naveen Sachdeva // April 29, 2015 at 2:14 pm // Reply

Below are some suggestions that would be helpful for you to score good marks in the English Language section —

Read English newspapers daily.
      Watch good English news channels.
      Can refer the book ‘Wren n Martin’.

44. sanjay rawat // April 13, 2015 at 4:32 pm // Reply

its so good and valvable 4us becous they have no bigbos so inf way to find out our aim bt tht u good to help us….thnx

45. shikha sharma // April 15, 2015 at 3:31 am // Reply

dear sir
    this is very informative thanks a lot i also want o know about upcoming pattern in descriptive for sbi po.

46. very useful. thank you.. please send some model questions to my mail . thank you

47. Sanjay saini // April 21, 2015 at 6:03 am // Reply

Thank u sir for ur valuable guidance.sir plz provide practice sets of sbi prelims exams in my email id
    Thanks and regards,
    Sanjay saini

48. how to get accuracy coz i succeed but it can be a game changer in my prep

49. Navneet Tirkey // April 24, 2015 at 6:50 am // Reply

Hello sir,
    Very nice tips provide.This tips is very help full in my preparation.
    thank you.

50. Dear Sir,
    I am working BE professional and appearing for PO for the first time.Can you suggest me good books for preparation.
    Thanks in advance