Tips to crack General Awareness section in SSC CGL Tier-I Exam 2015: To crack SSC CGL Tier-I Exam General Awareness is the most important section to score high marks in a relatively lesser time. But this section is too vast to be covered without a proper strategy. Moreover, a different trend is seen in this exam since last two years. Some questions were highly specialized. Facts based questions were asked from difficult topics and concept based questions from relatively easier topics. So, it becomes necessary to know WHAT TO STUDY and HOW TO STUDY.
Questions in this section will be aimed at testing the candidate’s General Awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. The Exam will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries.
SSC CGL Tier-I Exam Pattern:
- SSC CGL Tier I written Examination contains 200 questions. The Exam paper carries total 200 marks.
- There are four sections of this exam and each section has 50 questions.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: 50 Marks
- Quantitative Aptitude: 50 Marks
- General Awareness: 50 Marks
- English Language: 50 Marks
- Negative marking is applicable with 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
- Total time duration of CGL Exam is 2 hours.
SSC General Awareness section Important Topics:
- Union budget
- RBI policies
- Five year plans
- Macroeconomic concepts
- Various government welfare policies and schemes
- Banking terms
- Accounting terms
- Financial terms
- Constitution of India
- Civil law (Basics)
- Contract act
- Negotiable instruments act
- Pre-Mughal to Post-Independence period
- Indian polity
- Constitutional Framework
- Systems of Government
- Central Government
- State Government
- Local Government
- Union Territories and Special Areas
- Constitutional Bodies
- Non Constitutional Bodies
- Other Constitutional Dimensions
- Various diseases
- Biology basics (Human body)
- Properties and scientific names of various elements and compounds
- Physics laws (E.g. – Pascal’s law, Archimedes’s law)
- Current affairs
- Bollywood awards
- National awards
- Important Persons
Questions Breakup SSC-CGL Tier I Exam (2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013):
|Indian History & Culture||05||06||05||06|
|Geography & Biodiversity||06||11||06||06|
Useful Tips to crack General Awareness section:
- HISTORY – Most of the students appearing for SSC-CGL Tier-I Exam hate this topic as they consider Indian History very boring. For them, I would suggest just go and study the topic INDIA’S STRUGGLE FOR FREEDOM and leave others. After that, you can go for 9th, 10th N.C.E.R.T, preferably the old ones.
- INDIAN CONSTITUTION — This is the most scoring topic in this whole section. You must do it thoroughly. You can go for C.E.R.T of elementary classes or 10th. Just go for some tricky areas like powers of the PRESIDENT, GOVERNOR, JURISDICTION OF SUPREME COURTS, EMERGENCY etc.
- ECONOMICS — It covers both micro and macro economics in addition to Government policies and five year plans. If you are from commerce stream read both subtopics from 10+2 level N.C.E.R.T. If you are not commerce stream just read macro economics. Generally, 5 questions are asked from this topic.
- SCIENCE –
By and large the science questions come from above topics. Candidates from science background should not ride with overconfidence. Because whatever you have learned in college is not asked here. And whatever you had prepared in high school is long evaporated from your memory. Hence, start with the basic NCERT Science textbooks of Class 7 to 10, irrespective of Graduation.
- OTHERS — Data of census – 2015, Environmental issues, and Current Affairs. Read magazines for current affairs, no need to read them thoroughly. 4-5 questions are generally asked from current affairs. This section covers areas like National schemes, Unusual GK question, Book Name and writer, question from logical analysis, important days etc.
- Stick only to C.E.R.T books to score well in this section.
CLICK HERE to get NCERT books.
If you have any doubts related to the preparation of General Awareness section in SSC CGL Tier-I Exam 2015, you can comment your queries below and stay with us for the upcoming posts on SSC CGL Tier-I Exam.
All the best Guys. .!!