Tips to crack SSC CGL Tier-I Exam 2015 : SSC CGL Notification 2015 has already been released on 01 May 2015. Every year, Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts common graduate level examination to fill posts in various Govt. ministries/departments. This year in 2015, SSC had released the advertisement/notification of CGL 2015 exam on 01/05/2015 as per their new official revised schedule. Lakhs of candidates has already applied and will appear for this examination.
SSC CGL exam is scheduled to be held on 9 August, 2015 & 16 August, 2015.
SSC CGL Tier-I Exam Pattern:
- SSC CGL Tier I written Examination will contain 200 questions. The Exam paper carries total 200 marks.
- There are four sections of this exam and each section has 50 questions.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning:50 Marks
- Quantitative Aptitude: 50 Marks
- General Awareness: 50 Marks
- English Language: 50 Marks
- Negative marking is applicable with 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
- Total time duration of CGL Exam is 2 hours.
Useful Tips for all candidates to crack SSC CGL Tier-I Exam:
- Do not think about the CUT-OFFs. Try to solve as many questions in the required time.
- Clearing the CGL Tier-I Exam is pretty easy because there is no sectional cut-off mark. You can attempt all questions from your favourite section. However, you still have to reach an overall cut off marks.
- CGL Tier-I Exam requires very hard study and so you stick to your time table and study regularly. The main factor for the success in the Prelims exam is SPEED and ACCURACY.
- For the last remaining 14 days i.e. 2 weeks, just do the practice sets from books, websites and solve them within 120 minutes.
- Approximation Technique – In some cases where lot of complex calculation is required, the approximation technique is good method to solve the question quickly. Rounding off numbers to get closest value to the options provided often gives you the answer to the question.
- Do the right selection of questions in the Tier-I Exam — This Exam demands candidates to choose easy questions and skip hard questions. Don’t waste your time in solving difficult questions in the Exam.
- Try to learn shortcuts to save your time — Shortcut techniques are the key to crack CGL Tier-I Exam. You need to learn shortcut techniques in solving questions in Quantitative section in lesser time.
- General Awareness is the most important section of SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam. This section acquires more importance because this is the only section which can be attempted quickly and at the same time, very high marks can be scored in this section. The most important questions from this section are on the topics such as basic General Knowledge, Important Days, Important Persons, Award Winners, Books and Authors Games and Cups and Abbreviations. Go through the General Awareness books such as Competition Master, Competition Success Review or Pratiyogita Darpan on monthly basis.
- Vocabulary and English Grammar play very important factor in SSC CGL Tier-I Exam. So, give special attention to your Vocabulary and English. Watching different English news channels and read different-different English newspapers and magazines. The questions will be based on Passages, Common Errors, Antonyms and Synonyms. You have to improve your vocabulary to score good marks in this section.
- Proper Time Management is the Key: Questions which are asked in SSC CGL Exam are not very tough but it’s the “Time Management” which makes the difference. If you want to get good marks in CGL, you must be able to solve questions within 2 Hours. To accomplish this, you must make a timetable of how much time you should give to which section. An ideal approach is: 15 Minutes to General Awareness, 20 Minutes to English, 35 Minutes to Reasoning and Remaining 50 Minutes to Maths. Also remember that 10-15 minutes will be taken by filling of ovals.
- Which Section to Solve First – An ideal approach is to attempt sections in following manner: (1) General Awareness (As it takes less time), (2) English (It takes less time), (3) Reasoning Section (The level of reasoning in CGL is not that tough. If you know, you can solve them in minutes), at last (4) Mathematics (because it can take time).
Just two months left in SSC CGL Tier-I Exam, we are recommending you people to use only single book at this point of time rather than study multiple books for each section. And, do full practices set daily. This will surely help you to perform better in Tier-I Exam.
Single Book for each subject:
|Name of the Subject||Link to download|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||CLICK HERE|
|General Awareness||CLICK HERE|
|Quantitative Aptitude||CLICK HERE|
|English Language||CLICK HERE|
|Practice Set Book for Tier-I Exam||CLICK HERE|
|Practice Set Book for Tier-I Exam||CLICK HERE|
Most important point is there is no sectional cut-off marks in the SSC Tier-I Exam. Tier-I Examination is used to screen the candidates for appearing in Tier-II Examination for various papers which will be specifically required for different groups of posts. Those candidates who cleared the overall cut-off marks in Tier-I Exam will only be eligible to give the Tier-II Exam. Marks of such screened candidates in Tier-I will be taken into account for final ranking of candidates for selecting them for the interview/skill test and also final selection.
If you have any doubts related to the preparation of SSC CGL Tier-I Exam 2015, you can comment your queries below and stay with us for the upcoming posts on SSC CGL Tier-I Exam.
All the best Guys. .!!