News Ticker

IBPS CWE Specialist Officer 2016 Preparation Plan

IBPS CWE Specialist Officer 2016 Preparation Plan

Overview:  With IBPS RRB and IBPS PO Exam over, now it’s time to gear up for IBPS CWE Specialist Officer 2016 Exam. As we all know that at least 2 months preparation is necessary for cracking IBPS SO Exam, so it is the right time to start the studies now. Normally, we have seen that aspirants are in different state of minds about how to make strategies to prepare for each section in the IBPS Exam, about the exam pattern and which are the important topics to be prepared first. If you plan well for the exam, we assure that you can crack this exam in your first attempt. But, you have to start your preparation from today itself.

Preparation Plan for each section: IBPS CWE Specialist Officer Preparation plan is quite detailed, elaborate and descriptive and it has in total of five subjects which as follows:

• Logical Reasoning
  • English Language
  • Quantitative Aptitude
  • General Awareness (special reference to Banking Sector)
  • Professional Knowledge (Computer, Agriculture etc. depending on the post applied by the candidate)

Tips for cracking each section are:

Reasoning –>

Reasoning is a test of observing our mental and problem solving ability. Reasoning is not like numerical skill where you learn some formula and solve question by applying that formula. You have to be very careful while answering these questions.  The most important questions from this section are on the topics such as Seating Arrangements, Syllogism, Coding-Decoding, Statement and Conclusions, Directions, Blood Relations, Analogy, Classification, Series problems, Missing Characters, Odd Man out, Ranking Test, Data sufficiency, Assumptions and Directions. Non-Verbal is the toughest of all.

Quantitative Aptitude –>

Quantitative Aptitude section contains the basic mathematical questions. Before exercising such questions, it is better to go through the basic mathematical formulae and learn some short cuts to solve the questions in lesser time. In this section, the questions act as Calculation Instruments. This section is extremely scoring and the right understanding of the problem can help the aspirants to sail through this section. The most important questions from this section are on the topics such as Number Systems, Fractions, Ratio and Proportion, Time & Work, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Problems on Ages, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Average, Time & Distance, Mensuration, Partnership, Data Interpretation, Bar graph & Pie-chart and Probability.

General English –>

This is the section where many aspirants are not able to score minimum cut off marks. As you all read English books, chat with your friends in English and of course watch English movies. But you cannot get score good marks in English section. Most of the students face difficulty in this section. This is a test principally to determine candidate’s ability to remember main ideas and significant details. The most important questions from this section are on the topics such as Grammar, Comprehension, Error Correction, Vocabulary and Synonyms & Antonyms. Apart from this study material, few tips from Engistan’s side:

• Read English newspapers daily.
  • Improve your vocabulary by knowing 10 new words everyday along with its Synonyms and Antonyms.
  • Watch good English news channels.
  • Can refer the book ‘Wren n Martin’.

General Awareness –>

General Awareness is the most important section of IBPS Specialist Officer Exam. This section acquires more importance because this is the only section which can be attempted quickly and at the same time, very high marks can be scored in this section. The most important questions from this section are on the topics such as Banking Knowledge, Current Affairs, Oscar Awards, Organizations and Headquarters, Important Days, Famous Persons and their Roles, Award Winners, Books and Authors Games and Cups and Abbreviations. Apart from this study material, few tips from Engistan’s side:

• Listen and read National news on daily basis.
  • Go through the General Awareness books such as Competition Master, Competition Success Review or Pratiyogita Darpan on monthly basis.
  • Study the last budget passed by the Central Government.
  • Aware of all changes around the world 6-7 months before the date of the Exam.

Professional Knowledge –>

Professional Knowledge is really the easiest section of IBPS Specialist Officer Exam. This section will basically include questions from the academics which mean this section is based on the post or designation that the candidate has applied for. For example if the candidate has applied for Agricultural Field officer then this section will have questions related to animal husbandry, horticulture, agriculture etc. This is how this section should be prepared by mastering the subjects that the candidate has already studied.

Topics for IT Officer Scale 1 and 2:

The most important questions from this section for IT Officer are on the topics such as Computer History, Computers-Generations, Internet, Founders and Inventors, MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PPT, and MS Outlook), Operating System, Computer Hardware & Software and Abbreviations for Computer terms, Storage Devices, Computer organization & Microprocessor, Latest changes in Technology, Data Base Management Systems and Computer Networks. Daily interaction with computer will give you guys an additional advantage while attempting the questions of Professional Knowledge Section.

If you have any doubts related to the preparation of IBPS CWE Specialist Officer Exam 2016, you can comment your queries below and stay with us for the upcoming posts on IBPS Exam.

All the best Guys. .!!

To discuss and share about IBPS exam: click here

61 Comments on IBPS CWE Specialist Officer 2016 Preparation Plan

1. admin, according to notification of IBPS SO IT officer scale 1 general awareness will nt come

• Naveen Sachdeva // December 4, 2013 at 5:57 am // Reply

Priya — Yes, General Awareness will not come for IBPS SO IT Officer Scale 1.
      For IT Officer Scale 1, below are the sections on which IBPS is going to ask questions.
      Reasoning
      English Language
      Quantitative Aptitude
      Professional Knowledge
      But, General Awareness will come for Law Officer- Scale I & II & Rajbhasha Adhikari Scale I

2. PIYUSH KUMAR // December 4, 2013 at 3:50 pm // Reply

Hello Sir,

This year there is no vacancy for technical officer. Or they have included the technical officer in IT officer. So will there be any change in professional knowledge section for it officer as compared to last year.

3. Hello Sir,
    I am from General Category.Can I know the score that is needed to clear the written exam?

• Hi feroz,The sectional cutoff for general category is 24/50, while the Total Weighted Standard Score (TWSS) is 137/200 for General Category…

** For quick Response,Ask your queries in the forum **

4. Sir,

I have applied for Specialist Officer and wanted to know books for professional knowledge.

5. sir,

i am planning to apply for scale 2 it officer.I joined in I.T on feb 23 2012…Am i eligible to apply for scle 2

• Hi sowmiya,
      The Post qualification work experience details are to be entered as on 1st Nov 2013, i.e you must have completed your two years of work exp on or before 1st nov 2013. So unfortunately you have to apply for IT Officer Scale 1.

** For quick Response,Ask your queries in the forum**

6. Anubhuti Tyagi // December 6, 2013 at 6:52 am // Reply

Sir, can u please guide me books for preparation for IT officer scale 2 officer.

7. Dear Admin…!!!!

Do you any idea that approx how many IT Scale 1 posts will be there and also approx. minimum how many marks should we score to get the job.

8. Respected Sir

The Computer Networks material is excellent and I request you to kindly upload the other material also at the earliest possible

9. Sir, Can u tell me the cut off for IT officer Scale 1.

10. Hi sir,
    Can u please tell me how prepare for IT officer Profession knowledge section . I completed Btech in Information Technology so please recommend some books

• Hi shashank, We are providing free study material for IBPS IT officer, which you can download from here
      and list of books for the preparation are provided here

**For quick Response,Ask your queries in the forum**

11. sir i want to know that cut off for so is same for all states or is there any difference like clerical exam

12. The cut off is same for all the states, there is no statewise cutoff for IBPS SO.

13. sir i completed my B.Tech in ECE and i applied for IBPS SO pls suggest me what i have to prepare for professional knowledge whether it is computer knowledge or my professional knowledge electronics subjects pls give me clarity sir

14. Hi,

I have applied for scale 2 officer as a CA.What books do I need to refer to.Please help

15. sir plz tell me what topics in computer knowledge for ibps so IT officer scale 1 should be prepared..

16. which book preferred for it officer scale 1?

17. hello sir,
    I have applied for IBPS SO now. Due to my server problem i could not write my registration Id and password. what can i do now. please suggest me.
    Even i dint get any mail from IBPS regarding the registration Id and pwd.

18. Hi, I have applied yesterday for IBPS SO scale-1, after submitting my application form I was recommended to make an online payment, but when I entered my all details of my debit card and as soon as I pressed OK, the section had been expired and now I can’t see an icon of to payment online, what should I do now, please help me out, Last date to payment is 16-12-2013., on tomorrow.

19. to tushar, u have to fill the form again, within 20 minutes.

20. hi, i have applied ibps specialist officer ITOFFICER scale 1 i want TECHNICAL related material you will give tips and material it very useful pls anything reply to my mail i am ready to buy the book so pls info sir then u have taken bank related only or other competitive exam info i expect thank u

21. how many vacancies are their in scale 1 IT officers,any idea????

22. hi sir/ mam plz can u provide me some previous question papers with solutions on my email id
    hiremathchaitrali@gmail.com

23. hi plz tell ma that whether we hve to study same like Po exam or tougher than that.,.

24. ca ashish gupta // December 22, 2013 at 1:38 pm // Reply

hi, i want to know that i have applied for specialist officer exams for CA, now what topics will be included in professional knowledge section which is relevant to me and also suggest the best book for the following exam. i have purchased ARIHANT’S book for this exam,is it sufficient or something else is more required.

25. Hi..It would be grateful if u provide shortcut methods n formaulas for Quans

26. Dear Admin,

Can you please provide me the topics that were asked in the last year IT officer Scale 2 professional knowledge section.

Cheers,
    Naveen

27. dear mam,are coaching classes must for cracking this exam???frnz say tat they provide various study materials,tips to solve maths n reasoning in less time..plz throw sum light..

28. I have applied for IT Officer scale-2 exam. Now I think I should have applied for IT Officer scale-1 due to the availability of seats. Please help me how should I go about it.

I am having 6 years of experience in IT. Since the vacancies are very less for scale 2, I am bit confused. Is it possible to crack the exam if I prepare hardly for 45 days.

29. Dear Admin, I am M.C.A graduate from 2010. I have 2 + years IT experience. I have applied for the post SCALE-2 IT officer. After applying to this post, my friends raised doubt.My question is My qualification M.C.A is eligible for this post.? Please give reply that would be appreciated.

30. hello sir…i have completed my b.tech from CSE.so plz can u provide me study material regarding professional knowledge for the post of IT officer scale-1

31. sravanthi rao // January 2, 2014 at 5:39 pm // Reply

dear administrator
    will you please suggest me the best books for specialist officers in the it field.please refer some books

32. sir,
    i completed my B.Tech in ELECTRONICS AND INSTRUMENTATION ENGG. and i applied for IBPS SO pls suggest me what i have to prepare for professional knowledge whether it is computer knowledge or my professional knowledge electronics subjects pls give me clarity sir

33. Sir,could you plz suggest me the books for marketing knowledge..

34. hello sir….. I have completed b.tech(cs). I have applied for ibps it officer scale-1
    plzzz sir can u send me the study material for it- officer scale-1 on
    my mail id errohitkumar63@gmail.com

35. Sujata Pateriya // January 7, 2014 at 6:00 pm // Reply

Im facing difficulty in english….i just want to know that whether i should mark correct answers only or should i mark all the answrs…

• Hi sujata, Don’t mark answers, which you are not confident of….Avoid unwanted guessing in exam as IBPS has negative marking & weightage of English is only 25 Marks. So i would suggest you to solve one Comprehension Passage daily so that you can clear the cutoff & side by side build command on other sections to compensate english…..

**For quick Response,Ask your queries in the forum**

36. hello sir,I have completed B.E in electronics and communication,and M.E in computer networks,i have applied for I.T officer scale 1 what type of questions i may expect in professional knowledge section,whether it is on electronics or computer networks.

37. pls reply

38. sir when english marks are taken out of 25 then also in result they display the cutoff out 50? why is it so?

39. Hi Sir,

My signature is not clear in application form i filled for the exam.
    i am in dilemma that it will be rejected by IBPS.
    please suggest.

40. P.V.S.Gayyatri // January 13, 2014 at 3:57 am // Reply

ls there general awareness section for hr/personnel officer scale1

41. P.V.S.Gayyatri // January 13, 2014 at 3:59 am // Reply

plz rply me

42. Hello,

I have applied for ibps it officer.
    can u plz give an idea of the level of paper that will come as this is the second time this paper will come.
    Will it be tough like PO or of same level like the earlier SO Paper??
    Please reply..

43. hello
    am not able to download the study materials from the links specified by u above even after creating an account..
    it says the following error – You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action..

pls help…..

44. Hello,
    I have covered the topic of reasoning and aptitude.I have a doubt on professional knowledge.I need some material to cover this topic.

Thanks

45. Please provide material for IT Specialist Officer material

46. Rishabh Thakur // February 7, 2014 at 11:45 am // Reply

Hi
    I’am just starting my prepration for CWE SO IT officer (scale ii). Can anyone please suggest how should i proceed for the same and please suggest some good book covering the entire scope for IT officers post .

47. Dear Admin
    Could you plz confirm what is age limit in CWE SO IT officer (scale ii) for generat category ( somewhere it show 35 and somewhere it show 40).

Thanks
    Sanju

48. Hi,
    Could you plz explain me the difference between IT officer scale I and II..??

49. sir i am postgraduate in veterinary science subject (biostatistics) and i want to apply for agricultural officer . can my 2 year post graduate course counted as two year experience ???

1 2