Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) is a statutory body formed under an Act of the Parliament.
IRDAI invites applications from eligible Indian citizens for filling up the post of Junior Officers through open competition on All India basis for its various offices. Selection will be through a country-wide competitive Phase – I “On-line Examination” followed by Phase –II Descriptive examination at select centres and Interview. Category-wise number of vacancies is as under:
|Name of Post||No. of total vacancies||Vacancies reserved for|
|Junior Officer||24 # @||3||13||1||7 *|
- * Includes one shortfall vacancy under OBC Category
- # One vacancy each is earmarked for Visually Handicapped (VH) and Hearing Handicapped (HH) under Persons with Disabilities (PWD) Categories
- @ Four posts for Actuarial (Nine papers of Institute of Actuaries), three posts for Accounting (ACA/AICWA/ACS) and two posts for Legal (LLB) qualifications as detailed later, totalling nine posts are earmarked to be filled up by the candidates with these professional qualifications with horizontal reservation. The posts earmarked for candidates with the professional qualifications shall be filled across all categories. After selection they may be posted in the specialized departments and/or also in other departments as per transfer/posting guidelines of the Authority.
- Depending on requirements, IRDAI reserves the right to vary the number of vacancies.
Minimum age is 21 years and maximum age is 35 years. Age shall be reckoned as on 01-01-2016 i.e., candidates should not have been born earlier than 2-01-1981 and later than 31-12-1994 (both days inclusive).
Candidates should possess any of the following qualifications at the minimum.
|S.No.||Specialization||Number of Posts||Educational Qualification|
|1||Actuarial||4||1. First Class Bachelor’s Degree (with a minimum of 60% marks or an equivalent grade, in aggregate of all semesters / years), and
2. Pass in Nine papers of Institute of Actuaries
|2||Accounting||3||1. First Class Bachelor’s Degree (with a minimum of 60% marks or an equivalent grade, in aggregate of all semesters / years), and
|3||Legal||2||1. First Class Bachelor’s Degree (with a minimum of 60% marks or an equivalent grade, in aggregate of all semesters / years), and
2. LL.B with 60% marks or
Five year Integrated LLB Course in First class with 60% marks or an equivalent grade, in aggregate of all semesters/years
|4||General||15||First Class Bachelor’s Degree (with a minimum of 60% marks or an equivalent grade, in aggregate of all semesters / years)|
The selection process shall be as follows:
- i) Phase I – On-line preliminary examination (Objective type). This is a qualifying examination to be eligible for Phase II. Through this, candidates for Actuarial, Accounting and Legal specializations and General vacancies will be shortlisted separately for Phase II On-line Descriptive examination as per standards to be decided separately by IRDAI. Marks secured in the Phase I – on-line preliminary examination will not count for interview or final selection.
- ii) Phase II – On-line Descriptive examination comprising 3 Papers (Paper I, II and III) and
iii) Phase III — Interview
Candidates for Actuarial, Accounting, Legal specialization and General vacancies will be short-listed for Phase III – Interview based on the aggregate marks obtained only in Phase-II Descriptive Examination – Papers I, II and III. The minimum cut off marks for being short-listed for Phase III – Interview will be decided separately for candidates in each specialization and General vacancies by IRDAI.
Final selection will be based on the performance of the candidates shortlisted under respective specialization in Phase-II Descriptive Examination and Phase III – Interview taken together.
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted only “On-line” through IRDAI website. Candidates may click on the link mentioned below for filling the “On-line” application form for “Recruitment for the post of Junior Officer”. Candidates can apply on-line only from 15-01-2016 to 04-02-2016 and no other mode of application will be accepted. Candidates should apply through On-Line mode only. No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
Application Fee and Mode of Remittance:
Payable from 15-01-2016 to 04-02-2016 (On-line payment for both phases together) both dates inclusive shall be as follows:
|SC/ST/PWD/Ex-servicemen||Rs. 100/-||Intimation charges|
|Other than SC/ST/PWD/Exservice-men||Rs. 500/-||Examination fee and Intimation charges|
Bank transaction charges for On-line payment of application fees/ intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate.
|Website Link Open||18-01-2016|
|Last date for online application and payment of Examination fee||04-02-2016|
|Conduct of Phase-I online examination (Objective Type)||27-02-2016|
The date of conduct of Phase –II Descriptive examination at select centres will be communicated later. The details of shortlisted candidates for Phase – II Descriptive examination will be published on our website.
For Detailed Notification: CLICK HERE