News Ticker

SSC CGL Tier-1 Preparation Plan – Crack The Exam

SSC CGL Tier-1 Preparation Plan – Crack The Exam : Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level (SSC CGL) Exam conducts every year for the recruitment of qualified job seekers to fill up vacant seats under different departments.As we all know that at least 2 months preparation is necessary for cracking SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam, so it is the right time to start the studies now. Normally, we have seen that aspirants are in different state of minds about how to make strategies to prepare for each section in the SSC CGL Exam, about the exam pattern and which are the important topics to be prepared first. If you plan well for the exam, we assure that you can crack this exam in your first attempt. But, you have to start your preparation from today itself.

Best Books to prepare for SSC CGL Tier 1

If you are eager to know about the SSC Exam dates and other eligibility criteria, you can check SSC CGL Detailed Notification

Preparation Plan for each section:SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam contains 4 sections which include Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General English and General Awareness.It is very important to make a preparation strategy for the exam. Time spent on preparation varies as per the students. Maths and English are the two most important sections in the examination so it is required to prepare these two subjects equally. The section of General Knowledge and Reasoning are asked only in Tier 1 examination so there is no requirement to improve this section. So you should spend only limited time accordingly. You can give 25-30 % share of time in Tier 1 Examination on which less than 15% time should be given to GK. You need to manage your mostly time in two most important sections that are English and Maths. Now, Tips for cracking each section are:

Reasoning –>

Reasoning is a test of observing our mental and problem solving ability. Reasoning is not like numerical skill where you learn some formula and solve question by applying that formula. You have to be very careful while answering these questions. The most important questions from this section are on the topics such as Seating Arrangements, Syllogism, Coding-Decoding, Statement and Conclusions, Directions, Blood Relations, Analogy, Classification, Series problems, Ranking, Data sufficiency, Assumptions and Directions. Non-Verbal is the toughest of all. Also, deals with maximum number of problems especially with problem figures and mirror images.

Quantitative Aptitude –>

Quantitative Aptitude section contains the basic mathematical questions. Before exercising such questions, it is better to go through the basic mathematical formulae and learn some short cuts to solve the questions in lesser time. In this section, the questions act as Calculation Instruments. This section is extremely scoring and the right understanding of the problem can help the aspirants to sail through this section. The most important questions from this section are on the topics such as Number Systems, Fractions, Ratio and Proportion, Time & Work, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Average, Time & Distance, Mensuration, Partnership, Bar graph & Pie-chart and Probability.

General English –>

This is the section where many aspirants are not able to score minimum cut off marks. As you all read English books, chat with your friends in English and of course watch English movies. But you cannot get score good marks in English section. Most of the students face difficulty in this section. This is a test principally to determine candidate’s ability to remember main ideas and significant details. The most important questions from this section are on the topics such as Grammar, Comprehension, Error Correction, Vocabulary and Synonyms & Antonyms. Apart from this study material, few tips from Engistan’s side:

• Read English newspapers daily.
  • Improve your vocabulary by knowing 10 new words everyday along with its Synonyms and Antonyms.
  • Watch good English news channels.
  • Can refer the book ‘Wren n Martin’.

General Awareness –>

General Awareness is the most important section of SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam. This section acquires more importance because this is the only section which can be attempted quickly and at the same time, very high marks can be scored in this section. The most important questions from this section are on the topics such as basic General Knowledge, Important Days, Important Persons, Award Winners, Books and Authors Games and Cups and Abbreviations. Apart from this study material, few tips from Engistan’s side:

• Listen and read National new on daily basis.
  • Go through the General Awareness books such as Competition Master, Competition Success Review or Pratiyogita Darpan on monthly basis.
  • Study the last budget passed by the Central Government.
  • Aware of all changes around the world 6-7 months before the exam.

If you have any doubts related to the preparation of SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam 2014, you can comment your queries below and stay with us for the upcoming posts on SSC Exam.

All the best Guys. .!!

66 Comments on SSC CGL Tier-1 Preparation Plan – Crack The Exam

1. can final year students apply for ssc cgl tier1?
    plz give me reply as soon as possible

• Hey Shubham,

No, final year students are not eligible for this exam. Don’t go for it. Try next Year.

• Piyush Sharma // July 11, 2014 at 9:30 am // Reply

Hi Shubham,

Final year students can apply for this exam if the can able to produce the documents (marksheet) on the time of document verification. Please go through to official notification of SSC. It is clearly mention in it that
      “The Candidates who are able to prove, by documentary evidence, that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut-off date and he/she has been declared passed, will also be considered to meet the Educational Qualification”

2. allu tejaswini // January 30, 2014 at 7:47 am // Reply

are there any cut-off marks for each section in ssc cgl exam??

3. Nimisha Srivastava // February 5, 2014 at 1:08 pm // Reply

Are Questions repeated from G.K. section in SSC CGL tier 1

4. Are questions repeated for G.K. Section and English from previous years question papers .

• if u r lucky den 1 or 2 questions might be repeated frm last 2 yrs question paper. better take a long route … read whole lucent’s gk . good luck

5. Hello,i have completed filling up the application form online properly.i got my reg id.but i m not able to view/print the application.it keeps on asking my reg id and date of birth again and again and i hv not got d confirmation mail yet.how can I view/print d application form.i want to know whether it s submitted or not.reply soon

• Hi Ramya,
      First you need to pay the requisite fees. It’s a two level registration and you need to complete both, for a successful registration.

6. @Ramya: Have u paid fee and uploaded photo?
    If not do it

7. @ramya : the link u filled the part 1 application open the same link n fill ta other part …

8. sir mera last ssc cfl me 75 score tha math week hai what i do how manny time to pass ssc

9. Plz, Sir do reply soon . Is there any cutoff marks for each section separately in ssc tier 1 exam or total marks is considered ?

10. sir, I have done my Hotel management course of three years duration from DINA institute Pune. Am I eligible for SSC exams? waiting for your reply. please reply as soon as possible. Thank you.

11. Hi. As there is no individual section cut off, can i stick to attempt only those sections in which I’m perfect. I’m little perfect in reasoning and quarts. So what I’m thinking is to attempt max questions from these sections. And I’m little poor in English i want to skip the questions from this sections. Am i thinking in a wrong way?

• Gaurav Sharma // April 10, 2014 at 10:44 am // Reply

Yes , Please do not skip English and Maths section in this exam if you are looking for a job in this field . Because after qualifying Tier 1 you will be appear for Tier 2 , and in Tier 2 Only 2 sections will be their , English and Maths 200 Marks Each , and in final results Total Marks In Tier 1 and Tier 2 will be consider for English and Maths Out of 250 (50 in Tier 1 + 200 in Tier 2 .)

12. Shahzad Nadeem // February 27, 2014 at 8:42 am // Reply

Sir, how to increase my answering speed???and how much would be the cutoff in cgl 2014?

13. Hello sir Maine long distance se graduation kiya hair kya mai SSC k liye eligible hu

14. Hello sir…Please send lucent gk objective book on my email id–nimisha0492@gmail.com

15. Anyone have knowledge about sail MT 2014?
    Is this neccessary to attempt all the section like english,gk,reasoning ??????

16. i have a problem with english section.will you please give me any simple ways to get good score in english that means how to read english in easy way

17. i have applied for ssc cgl 2014. is there any problem if signature is not scanned properly, i mean if the clarity is missing. plz reply

• Hi Madhu,

It all depends on the invigilator who will be invigilating your exam. As the registration process has already got over, you can’t do much now. It will be advisable, if you carry 1-2 original documents on the exam day so as to endorse your identity.
      For quick replies, please ask your any doubt or questions in the dedicated SSC Forum here: SSC CGL 2014 Discussion Forum
      Thanks.

18. Hi..

is there any negative marks for each wrong ans?

like IBPS exam, this exam also will take all sections to0 pass or hw they will take our marks?

• Gaurav Sharma // April 10, 2014 at 10:57 am // Reply

Yes , This too has negative marking impact on each wrong question for -.25%(1/4th) marks deduction .

19. Is SSC CGL 2014 Exam date has postponed to june
    ?????????????????

• Hi Nimish,
      There is no official confirmation from SSC. Till then all are rumours and please don’t rely on any new dates given by various websites. That’s completely misinformation.
      We strongly recommend you to keep visiting the site for any updates or simply subscribe to engistan.com for getting any such updates directly into your mail box.
      Thanks

20. What is the time duration for ssc cgl tier 1

21. Hi Lokesh,
    Thanks a ton for giving me information…..

22. Manoj S Choudhary // March 14, 2014 at 1:57 pm // Reply

sir what is tier 1 & 2 plz let me know sir

23. Manoj S Choudhary // March 14, 2014 at 1:58 pm // Reply

and mainey online dates nikalney ka baad mannual form bhara tha so hw can i gate my hall ticket

24. HOW MUCH MARKS (CUTOFF MARKS) WE NEED IN TIER 1 TO CLEAR IT..???

25. why is tier 1 exam held on 2 dates..will the four parts be held on these 2 days seperately..

• Sarvesh,

Because of the large number of candidates, SSC CGL Tier 1 is usually held at two dates.

Thanks

26. sir how to crack the gk portion.its extremely tough.

• Poulami,

Soon Engistan.Com will be giving you free material for GK especially designed for SSC CGL 2014. You can refer that.

Thanks

27. sir if an individual does’nt attempt any of the questions from aptitude and does rest of the sections very well,then can he/she clear tier 1 of CGL..???

28. hello sir,
    I want to ask ,is this compulsory to pass out in each subject & what’s the eligibility to getting the marks in each subject,actually me in doubt that if i mostly concentrate on 2 subjects and average in other 2…dat’s ok ,,,plz send me all information regarding this,,,,

29. Sir What is the cut off marks? Should we pass each section?

30. sir,
    Is it mandatory to qualify in all sections?

31. which job has more vacancies and good chance to get in– bank po or ssc?
    how much hours/day should i prepare for SSC-CGL?

32. Nimisha Srivastava // April 4, 2014 at 9:07 am // Reply

Can anyone tell me what is the means of “No Standing Arrears” in terms of recruitment process????

33. Dharam singh rathore // April 8, 2014 at 11:00 am // Reply

I have complete my grauction with 58% in b.com(hons.) plz tell him which is best for me SSC CGL OR IBPS PO

34. Anil Kumar Acharya // April 13, 2014 at 2:30 pm // Reply

Hello,
    I hv thought of buying UPKAR’S ncert pattern compendium GK book . Will it b helpful or i hv to buy Lucent’s GK book

35. Anil Kumar Acharya // April 13, 2014 at 2:32 pm // Reply

Hello,

36. Anil Kumar Acharya // April 13, 2014 at 2:33 pm // Reply

Hello,
    I hv thought of buying UPKAR’S ncert pattern compendium GK book . Will it b helpful or i have to buy Lucent’s GK book. Plz reply soon..

37. Anil Kumar Acharya // April 13, 2014 at 2:38 pm // Reply

Hello,
    I hv thought of buying UPKAR’S ncert pattern compendium GK book . Will it b helpful or i have to buy Lucent’s GK book. Plz reply soon. I want a detail clarification

38. Rajan pandey // April 13, 2014 at 4:00 pm // Reply

Can anyone tell me whether ssc xam will be in the month of july or august.Please share if u all have any information regarding dates

39. CHITRASEN MUNI // April 14, 2014 at 9:14 pm // Reply

M preparing for CGL .HOW TO CRACK CGL ?

40. hi will u guide me the how to time table for preparing ssc cgl!

41. can u tell me where can i get Lucent’s E book, i have searched a lot on internet but couldn’t find it..

42. Will manohar pandey’s 6250 questions be enough . Is it equal to lucent’s gk .

43. kuldeep singh // May 17, 2014 at 6:33 am // Reply

hi all,

Can anybody tell me the tentative dates for SSC CGL-2014??

44. jaya srivastava // May 22, 2014 at 1:46 am // Reply

hi,is it necessary to pass in each subject in tier1 or can i give attention only to that subject in which i am good? kindly suggest me the right answer.thanks

45. i am a private employer…..this is my last chance to appear in ssc cgl…i have 2 months in my hand…suggest me how i can crack this exam…..

46. i completed my final year this year am i eligible to this xam ??????

47. sir plz give me tips to crack the cgl 2014 with 150+ marks.
    reasoning, maths,general awareness & English me thik h, mgr time management weak h.;
    me chahta hu k mere 1st attempt me cgl 2014 clear ho jay.
    so plz sir give me correct nd useful guideline.

48. hi sir i m d student of IAS this exam will be held in August .by god grace if i would pass out it.i also appear 4 ssc cgl can i get through or nt

49. kadam sujit // June 28, 2014 at 1:08 pm // Reply

sir please tell me that lucents gk is sufficient for gs section?

50. I have done my b.tech in june 2013 but due to back in one subject my graduation was complete in march 2014.
    Am i eligable for cgl 2014 exam