News Ticker

SSC CGL Tier-1 Preparation Plan – Crack The Exam

SSC CGL Tier-1 Preparation Plan – Crack The Exam : Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level (SSC CGL) Exam conducts every year for the recruitment of qualified job seekers to fill up vacant seats under different departments.As we all know that at least 2 months preparation is necessary for cracking SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam, so it is the right time to start the studies now. Normally, we have seen that aspirants are in different state of minds about how to make strategies to prepare for each section in the SSC CGL Exam, about the exam pattern and which are the important topics to be prepared first. If you plan well for the exam, we assure that you can crack this exam in your first attempt. But, you have to start your preparation from today itself.

Best Books to prepare for SSC CGL Tier 1

If you are eager to know about the SSC Exam dates and other eligibility criteria, you can check SSC CGL Detailed Notification

Preparation Plan for each section:SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam contains 4 sections which include Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General English and General Awareness.It is very important to make a preparation strategy for the exam. Time spent on preparation varies as per the students. Maths and English are the two most important sections in the examination so it is required to prepare these two subjects equally. The section of General Knowledge and Reasoning are asked only in Tier 1 examination so there is no requirement to improve this section. So you should spend only limited time accordingly. You can give 25-30 % share of time in Tier 1 Examination on which less than 15% time should be given to GK. You need to manage your mostly time in two most important sections that are English and Maths. Now, Tips for cracking each section are:

Reasoning –>

Reasoning is a test of observing our mental and problem solving ability. Reasoning is not like numerical skill where you learn some formula and solve question by applying that formula. You have to be very careful while answering these questions. The most important questions from this section are on the topics such as Seating Arrangements, Syllogism, Coding-Decoding, Statement and Conclusions, Directions, Blood Relations, Analogy, Classification, Series problems, Ranking, Data sufficiency, Assumptions and Directions. Non-Verbal is the toughest of all. Also, deals with maximum number of problems especially with problem figures and mirror images.

Quantitative Aptitude –>

Quantitative Aptitude section contains the basic mathematical questions. Before exercising such questions, it is better to go through the basic mathematical formulae and learn some short cuts to solve the questions in lesser time. In this section, the questions act as Calculation Instruments. This section is extremely scoring and the right understanding of the problem can help the aspirants to sail through this section. The most important questions from this section are on the topics such as Number Systems, Fractions, Ratio and Proportion, Time & Work, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Average, Time & Distance, Mensuration, Partnership, Bar graph & Pie-chart and Probability.

General English –>

This is the section where many aspirants are not able to score minimum cut off marks. As you all read English books, chat with your friends in English and of course watch English movies. But you cannot get score good marks in English section. Most of the students face difficulty in this section. This is a test principally to determine candidate’s ability to remember main ideas and significant details. The most important questions from this section are on the topics such as Grammar, Comprehension, Error Correction, Vocabulary and Synonyms & Antonyms. Apart from this study material, few tips from Engistan’s side:

• Read English newspapers daily.
  • Improve your vocabulary by knowing 10 new words everyday along with its Synonyms and Antonyms.
  • Watch good English news channels.
  • Can refer the book ‘Wren n Martin’.

General Awareness –>

General Awareness is the most important section of SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam. This section acquires more importance because this is the only section which can be attempted quickly and at the same time, very high marks can be scored in this section. The most important questions from this section are on the topics such as basic General Knowledge, Important Days, Important Persons, Award Winners, Books and Authors Games and Cups and Abbreviations. Apart from this study material, few tips from Engistan’s side:

• Listen and read National new on daily basis.
  • Go through the General Awareness books such as Competition Master, Competition Success Review or Pratiyogita Darpan on monthly basis.
  • Study the last budget passed by the Central Government.
  • Aware of all changes around the world 6-7 months before the exam.

If you have any doubts related to the preparation of SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam 2014, you can comment your queries below and stay with us for the upcoming posts on SSC Exam.

All the best Guys. .!!

68 Comments on SSC CGL Tier-1 Preparation Plan – Crack The Exam

1. Want to know some good books for genral awareness ,reasoning to crack ssc cgl……..pls reply

• sajan ojha // June 12, 2015 at 4:01 pm // Reply

brother/ sister
      we r planning to crack SSC cgl 2015 so we need some support on our whatsapp group that’s why I need some interested students for SSC …
      altogether we short out all quarry which we needed on maths , reasoning n all ..
      so now turns to do something conventional …
      and I thing I would love to remind u that msg not only for u ..
      so plz interested students just whatsapp me on – 9650324528
      n this msg is not for jock ….
      thanx for mention

2. umesh kumar // July 9, 2014 at 12:51 pm // Reply

Dear sir,
    Pls tell me how to crack the ssc cgl tier 2 exam with one attemp of quantative section bcz am weak in geometric section ,, Pls tell me tricks to how to become expert in this section.

• vengatraman // June 17, 2015 at 12:44 am // Reply

Hi All,

Please Answer the following Question.

1) Can a group B or Group c officer is eligible for SC CGL?
      2) That means he passed last year and posted and now he is going to write another time to change his department?

3. Sir, could you please tell me the tentative date for SSC CGL 2014.

4. praveenkumar.sk227@gmail.com // July 14, 2014 at 10:11 am // Reply

thanq u sir for creating this site and providing valuable information to us.
    i have a doubt regarding the posts after clearing both tier 1 and tier 2.is it based on marks..???????

5. There is mention of Maths in here . What does it include ? Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning ? Anything else? Please do answer .

6. Please tell me How to clear RBI Assistant General awareness section and IBPS PO General awareness SECTION??????

7. Sir, how much marks of will get eligibility passing of each section.. ??

8. what after clearing teir1 please answer me what i do after how many exams are there in ssc and their are any good books for ssc

9. sir,how to prepare for this exam?please give your valuable information to us.

10. Hi everyone.I want to change address that I entered while filling the SSC CGL 2014 application form.How can I do that..

11. sir ,for tire1 exam ,how many month’s current affair should be prepair???exam ke kitne phle ka current affaire tyar krna chahia??

12. 6 months to 8 mopnths

13. sarvesh lodhi // September 8, 2014 at 5:20 pm // Reply

thank u very much for a directional guidance..

14. hello sir, in ssc cgl tier 1 exam to qualify is it mandatary to pass in all 4 sections? plz give reply on my email

15. debasmita roy // October 14, 2014 at 5:40 am // Reply

is it necessary to clear each section individually of ssc cgl

16. sir,hm khuch dino ke liye ghar chle gye the isliye pdhai me abhi mann nhi lg rha hai.koi motivate btaye sir….

17. Sir My Name is Rohit I am preparing for SSC CGL and CHSL but Main problem is that My background is Arts so I have face many problems in maths. So what should I do to solve this problem pls sir help me

Thanking You

Rohit Kumar

18. I want to know the average cut of Marks in tire I ecam

19. Hello..
    I completed my b.tech in 2014.
    still there are 2 backs that I will clear in 2015 by July or August.
    What should I do to sit in SSC-CGL exams going to be held in june or july 2015.
    pls reply soon

20. ssc form will release every year or not

21. sir how much time I should spend on study to clear s.s.c cgl tier 1. ………………exam in first attempt ……plzzz give me some important tips. ………………..I will do anything. ….to clear my attempt

22. sayan baidya // March 7, 2015 at 3:30 am // Reply

Atleast How many hours daily I have to study to crack this exam ?

23. vanaja gorapalli // March 10, 2015 at 4:49 am // Reply

first time i’ve entered in the competition ….i want to prepair for the ssc cgl exam….so kindly convay me the topic wise syllabus fo iearn

24. parul bajpai // March 10, 2015 at 7:45 pm // Reply

hello sir , i am btech final year student and i want to appear for ssc cgl 2015 , ,so i want to ask you that documents verification is done after tier 1 or after tier 2 .Is there any problem related with eligibility?

• vamsisattaru // May 25, 2015 at 8:16 am // Reply

I can’t say absolutely but as a fresher we can apply and submit marks after clearing tier 2 exam for interview write the current percentage

25. Sir, how can i obtain much more marks in gk and english? plz suggest me.

26. can any one tell me
    in ssc cgl tier 2 is it necessary to qualify all papers or not.
    i have a doubt statistics is not my subject but i kept for the posts in application if i donot qualify statistics what will happen

27. Dear,
    Just want to know which section should attempt first???

• Naveen Sachdeva // June 9, 2015 at 6:58 am // Reply

Rahul,

An ideal approach is to attempt sections in CGL Tier-I Exam in the following manner: (1) General Awareness (As it takes less time), (2) English (It takes less time), (3) Reasoning Section (The level of reasoning in CGL is not that tough. If you know, you can solve them in minutes), at last (4) Mathematics (because it can take time).

28. sir it is compulsory for obc candidate to renew certificate evey three year for sittting ssc exam.

29. Hi! I’m doing my B.COM, i’m into my last semester, the exam gets over on 20th april, 2015 and most probably the result will be announced before the second week of may, 2015. Am I eligible to appear for the SSC-CGL exam this year? And could you tell me the date of TIER 1 exam? Thank you:)

30. Sir, If a student get selected for ssc hscl, can he go for ssc cgl too.

31. samir bhadra // April 25, 2015 at 9:29 am // Reply

sir,
    i cannot increase answering speed……..i get slow in exam hall.i am a general candidate….can u give me tips 2 get good score???????????????????

32. Kya har section ko individual clear krna jruri h..mtlb quant..reasning gk sbki alag cutoff niklti h ya total ki.

• Naveen Sachdeva // May 29, 2015 at 10:28 am // Reply

Ankush,

There is no sectional cut-off marks in the SSC Tier-I Exam. Tier-I Examination is used to screen the candidates for appearing in Tier-II Examination for various papers which will be specifically required for different groups of posts. Those candidates who cleared the overall cut-off marks in Tier-I Exam will only be eligible to give the Tier-II Exam. Marks of such screened candidates in Tier-I will be taken into account for final ranking of candidates for selecting them for the interview/skill test and also final selection.

33. is it complsry to clear every subjct in tier 1?

• Naveen Sachdeva // June 4, 2015 at 7:46 am // Reply

Virender,

34. Rajeshgoud // May 9, 2015 at 4:15 pm // Reply

Interview was all jobs or some jobs?

35. sir…..details timeshedule for the SSC CGAL preparation ….

36. vijay kumar // May 13, 2015 at 5:13 pm // Reply

Plz, Sir do reply soon . Is there any cutoff marks for each section separately in ssc tier 1 exam or total marks is considered ?

• Naveen Sachdeva // May 29, 2015 at 10:22 am // Reply

Vijay,

37. is it necessary to crack every section of tier 1 exam…?

• Naveen Sachdeva // May 29, 2015 at 10:21 am // Reply

Amit,

38. Hi sir ,i’m a bsc science student.i have completed my 1st of year.sir i want to know that what can i be if i will clear ssc exams,and ssc exams vacency become how many time in a year.

39. Sir..I have successfully completed the both part of the registration..but I didnt get any cnfrmation msgs n mails…is dere any prblm..?

• Javed, everything is fine here. Sometimes, SSC do not able to send email or SMS to the candidates after successful registration due to network related issues. There is no issue if you did not get any email after successful registration. Just, keep the print out of application form after successful registration (Part-I and Part-II) for future reference.

40. Sir,
    is dere any cut off marks for tier 1 exams…?plzz reply me …am goin to write frst time…
    and pls send me one model qstions with solution if any one have ….Plzz
    arjavad@gmail.com

• Naveen Sachdeva // May 29, 2015 at 10:21 am // Reply

Javad,

41. sir I want to know how I can crack SSC CGL tier 1 exam in first time?? plz tell me.

42. sir plz send me some practice sets of SSC cgl tier 1 exam with solutions.plz tell me cut off for o.b.c.

43. sajad ahmed // May 27, 2015 at 9:00 am // Reply

Good afternoon Sir,
    Sir, please give me instuctions by which i qualified easily in combined graduation level examination 2015

44. Is their any sectional cut-off in tier 1 cgl

• Naveen Sachdeva // June 1, 2015 at 6:17 am // Reply

Sagarsaha,

45. narendra singh // May 31, 2015 at 12:40 pm // Reply

How to prepare for general awareness part of SSC.

• Naveen Sachdeva // June 8, 2015 at 7:25 am // Reply

Narendra,

Below are some tips that will help you to score good marks in General Awareness section —

Listen and read National news on daily basis.
      Study the last budget passed by the Central Government.
      Aware of all changes around the world 6-7 months before the exam.

46. Mrinal Majumdar // June 4, 2015 at 12:09 am // Reply

What is the usual cutoff score for clearing Tier 1 exam. I do understand that there is no sectional cutoff. I am referring to the cutoff score required to make it to the Merit List.
    Eagerly waiting for your reply…………………..

47. Debasis s // June 5, 2015 at 6:08 pm // Reply

Is it possible to go for both cgl and bank clerk?

• Naveen Sachdeva // June 8, 2015 at 7:22 am // Reply

It is purely your choice whether you want to go for CGL or bank Clerk or both CGL and Bank Clerk.
      It’s just depends upon your interest and qualifications.

48. ssc me cutt of subjectwise h ya overall.i mean aapti ,reasoning,gs,English sb me alag alag cut off cross krna hoga ya overall mila ke cut off cross krna h

• Naveen Sachdeva // June 8, 2015 at 7:14 am // Reply

Dear Sir,

49. sir..
    i just want to know that is it is compulsory to
    give tier 1 exam before going for tier 2 in CGL !!
    Plz rply me as soon as u can.drop in my email..
    thnk you.

• Naveen Sachdeva // June 10, 2015 at 6:54 am // Reply

Dear Netesh,

Yes, it is compulsory for everyone to give the SSC CGL Tier-I Exam. Tier-I Examination is used to screen the candidates for appearing in Tier-II. Those candidates who cleared the overall cut-off marks in Tier-I Exam will only be eligible to give the Tier-II Exam.

50. Vikash saxena // June 11, 2015 at 11:45 am // Reply

Hello sir
    Sir SSC CGL 2015 k liye m preparation Kr rha hu….meri prob ye h Ki meri speed bahut slow h….mera paper complete Ni ho pata ….or ek English ka section weak h…sir baki section strong h ….speed or eng k liye pls kuch suggestion de…..
    Thanku