Tips to crack SBI PO Prelims Exam 2016
SBI has released the notification for the recruitment of Probationary Officers recently and candidates have already submitted the online application. This recruitment is valid for every region and the number of vacancies is also high in number i.e. 2300.
Last year the vacancies were a bit lower in numbers but this year vacancies are quite higher along with backlog vacancies. And, icing on the cake, two phases Exam pattern will eliminate a lot of people. So, study hard and believe in yourself.
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2017:
SBI has made done some major changes in its Exam pattern. The exam pattern of SBI PO consists of three phases –
Phase-I –> Preliminary Examination
Phase-II –> Main Examination
Phase-III –> Group Discussion & Interview
Note: – Prelims Exam will consist of fewer questions and of shorter duration. The marks of Prelims exam will not be considered for preparing the final merit list. So, the Prelims Exam requires extra bit of strategy for cracking maximum number of question in limited time frame.
The most important thing is to time yourself while you are practising test questions for Prelims exam. This lets you know, how much time you are taking to solve particular type of question and also helps you determine your weak areas so that you can focus more on those areas.
Useful Tips for all candidates to crack SBI PO Prelims 2017 Exam:
- Do not think about the CUT-OFFs. Try to solve as many questions in the required time.
- Prelims Exam requires very hard study and so you stick to your time table and study regularly. The main factor for the success in the Prelims exam is SPEED and ACCURACY.
- For the last remaining 9 days, just do the practice sets from books, websites and solve them within 60 minutes.
- Approximation Technique – In some cases where lot of complex calculation is required, the approximation technique is good method to solve the question quickly. Rounding off numbers to get closest value to the options provided often gives you the answer to the question.
- Practice quick reading – Divide the lines into two three parts and focus on group of words rather than a single word while reading.
- Do the right selection of questions in the Prelims Exam — This Exam demands candidates to choose easy questions and skip hard questions. Don’t waste your time in solving difficult questions in the Exam.
- Try to learn short-cuts to save your time — Short-cut techniques are the key to crack SBI PO Exam. You need to learn short-cut techniques in solving questions in Quantitative section in lesser time.
Just two months left in SBI Prelims Exam, we are recommending you people to use only single book at this point of time rather than study multiple books for each section. And, do full practices set daily. This will surely help you to perform better in Prelims Exam.
<< Single Book for each subject >>
|Name of the Subject||Link to download|
|Reasoning Section||CLICK HERE|
|Quantitative Aptitude||CLICK HERE|
|English Language||CLICK HERE|
|Practice Set Book||CLICK HERE|
If you have any doubts related to SBI PO Exam, your doubts will be cleared by our experts or fellow SBI aspirants in the discussion forum. CLICK HERE to write your queries in the discussion forum.
All the best Guys. .!!